August 21, 2026

UK defence secretary promises delayed investment plan before Nato summit

UK defence secretary promises delayed investment plan before Nato summit

Dan Jarvis, who took the role earlier this month, is said to have secured around one billion pounds more for the plan than his predecessor

Dan Jarvis, the new defence secretary, promised to publish the delayed defence investment plan (Dip) before the Nato summit in a fortnight amid indications he has already secured around a billion pounds more than his predecessor, John Healey.

Haggling between the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and the Treasury is continuing – while a source in Andy Burnham’s team said he was happy for a final deal to be concluded while Keir Starmer serves out his last days as prime minister.

Continue reading…

Previous Article

Timeline: what Farage has said about the £5m gift from a crypto-billionaire

Next Article

The Best Prime Day Cookbook Deals According to BA Staffers (2026)

You might be interested in …