Gibraltar Blockchain Exchange (GBX) rebrands in move to Estonia » CryptoNinjas
The Gibraltar Blockchain Exchange (GBX), a cryptocurrency exchange launched in 2018, announced today that GBX is being rebranded as the Global Blockchain Exchange and will be based out of Estonia.
The parent company of GBX, the Gibraltar Stock Exchange (GSX) Group is set to continue its global expansion in 2020. Headquartered in Gibraltar, the GSX Group has to date established a presence in London, Singapore, Hong Kong, and now Estonia.
“As we continue to improve the service offering in our Exchange Division, GSX Group needed a consistent presence in Europe, with Estonia being an appealing country that in our view takes a progressive approach to DLT. Within our ecosystem, GBX is a core component and a key gateway for institutions to enter the digital asset space; our intention is to revamp and re-double our efforts to further enhance the trading experience and service offerings.”
– Nick Cowan, Founder, and CEO of the GSX Group
As a friendly jurisdiction based in the EU, Estonia is well known as a hub for forward-thinking blockchain and companies that utilize Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT). GBX has, therefore, decided to move to Estonia in order to compliment further tech developments and future projects under construction.
The changes will have certain effects on GBX’s business:
- On 12 February 2020 GBX Limited (Gibraltar) will transfer its business, customers, and technology to a different company in the GSX Group called GBX OÜ (Estonia).
- Post transfer, GBX Limited will surrender its DLT Provider’s license and will no longer be regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission.
- GBX OÜ is a private limited liability company registered in Estonia with company address Parnumnt 158/2, Room 88, Tallin, Estonia 11317 and company number 14687762. It is licensed by the Estonian Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) as a virtual currency against fiat currency exchange service provider and virtual currency wallet service provider under the Estonian Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Prevention Act.
- The Digital Asset Exchange (or GBX-DAX) will continue to operate as before and will have a new URL and new logos (go-live for this and the actions below is 12 February 2020).
- The GBX enterprise wallet will remain open as normal and will be transferred to GBX OÜ with no change in the enterprise wallet or customer wallets connected to the GBX-DAX.
- Customers fiat will be transferred from GBX Limited’s customer account to GBX OÜ’s customer account.
- GBX’s website will change from https://gbx.gi/ to https://gbx.global/.
- GBX Sponsors will become Member Firms (Class 8).
- GBX’s customer support contact details will change from [email protected] to [email protected]
Published at Wed, 05 Feb 2020 19:19:59 +0000